Forum Discussion

SarthakSubudhi
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Button to save form in current table and generate new form in edit mode in new table

Hi,

I want to create a button on a form which when clicked will save current form and create a new form in editable mode in another table. One requirement is to pull certain fields from the previous form to new form. These field values should already be populated. Please suggest any formula or API to be used?

Thanks,
Sarthak Subudhi

4 Replies

• New form each time or just another form you already have populated with saved data?
  • It will be a new form each time in the second table. Though, it should contain values from 4 fields from the 1st form which need to automatically populate 2nd form when button is clicked . Basically, the new form belongs to a table which is a child table of the table containing the 1st form.
  • I don�t think I�m making my self clear. Why is this a new form? Why is it not a form in the child table already built to accept these related fields and new input?. When I bring data from a parent into a child table for continuing input I have a form already built that I reference to in my api.

I now use the quickbase actions to create new projects and estimates with related items already injected when I create a new property automatically.

By preparing forms in each table and utilizing redirects you can end the process in a from in edit mode 5 tables deep.
  • Sarthak,
    If suggest that you edit the Advanced Properties of the first table and set the checkbox to save Parent automatically when a child Record is added.

Then, since this is a child Record you are adding, just make lookup fields down to the child Record and they will automatically be there when you create the child Record.