Forum Discussion

BobThomas
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

'Call another pipeline from University Automation Courses

Hi, 
I finished the lesson (not the exercise that follows) for the Catabay Project Management. I created the three pipelines. The first is supposed to trigger another pipeline 3 if a new employee is a manager, this worked & I created 8 courses for the new manager.

The next test is to add a new employee that isn't a manager & it is supposed to just run pipeline 1 without triggering any other pipelines. This one Did Not Run! When I look at the logic, Step A asks if isManager is Yes, so it ran when I added a new manager. There is no ELSE type statement so I am thinking that the way the instructions read that is why my new employee who is not a manager did not run. Even though a step further down says for TYPE IS Employee is supposed to return the 5 courses that all new hires are supposed to automatically be registered to take?

The third test for updated employee to manager ran as it was supposed to with the added 3 courses they need to take. 
***********************************UPDATE**************************************************
I found the problem. My step for Search 'Courses templates' was in the Then-Else branches. I deleted this set of instructions and redid outside the Then-Else branch.

------------------------------
Bob Thomas
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply