Forum Discussion

GZRService_Acco
Qrew Member
5 days ago

Can an email attachment be saved to Quickbase using a pipeline?

Hi All,

I'm setting up a support ticketing system in Quickbase for my company.  All of our support requests are sent to a specific email.  I want to set up a pipeline to grab the necessary information from an email arrives to create a ticket in Quickbase.

One of the items I'm trying to grab is the attachment.  Most of these emails are forwarded voicemail files from our phone system.  I want to save a copy of the attachment to the ticket record in Quickbase.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm currently trying to utilize the Microsoft Outlook channel and I'm seeing a query step, but I'm not seeing how to retrieve the actual attachment, just the attachment name.

1 Reply

• You're on the right track!

Once you've found the email in your search, you search the email for the attachments. Then when you add the attachment(s) to your QB record you'll use the "File Transfer Handle".

Here is the basic layout (for a single attachment):

A - Search Outlook
    B - Search the Email - using the id from A (limit to 1)
     Remove the loop initially created
    C - Create your ticket as normal
    CONDITION - If Search Attachments is Empty
    IF TRUE
     - DO NOTHING
    IF FALSE
     Add the LOOP
    D - Upload file to "Create Record" target using the file transfer handle

If there are multiple attachments and the tickets table has a child table for attachments, step D will be to first create that child record, then E will be to load the file.

Let me know if this helps 👍
    -Sharon