Forum Discussion

TeresaTeresa
Qrew Member
12 years ago

Can I collapse a text field on reports?

Is there is a way to collapse a multi line text field when it is displayed on reports? For example, a Description field can get pretty detailed and can make a report that displays it rather large and "un-pretty." I am wondering if there is a report or field setting that will allow the first couple of lines of a field to display with the option to click a "More..." link to expand the rest if needed.

17 Replies

• Yeah I noticed that too. It isn't too bad, but ideally would be better if it didn't split like that. Your last point is a good idea, I may fiddle with it to see if it works out.
      JasonJohnson
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      The link is no longer working. Could you post the pastie again that corrects the splitting issue?
  • I can't believe I contributed to this solution. I am enabling bad practices. I only did it as a attention grabbing stunt. That code will surely break when Mercury is released as it is very dependent on the fine structure of QuickBase's HTML.

On the other hand if it works it works.

_\_(_)_/__ __\_(_)_/__ __\_(_)_/__ __\_(_)_/__ __\_(_)_/__
  • Well [mention://513 @dandiebolt_QB_Pirate] you definitely got our attention!
    It may break with the Mercury rollout, but there are lots of unconventional solutions on the Quickbase Community that will probably stop working in Mercury as well. And who knows when that'll be............................