Forum Discussion

PaulTrimor
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Can I create a chart from a summary table?

Is it possible to create a pie chart with totals of the whole.
I know it is possible to create a summary of a table to create totals. How can I use those totals to create a Pie Chart?

8 Replies

• You should be able to just create summary fields or formula fields to get your totals in a field. Then create a chart and use those values.
      NenadIlic
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Hi Guys, I have a similar situation, but a bit different, and I could use a help from your side.

In my case I have one table where I use checkboxes to select services that are needed to be implemented. and by using summary I am able to sum up all services per project that are used, and create a table (summary) with totals.

I would also like to create a pie chart showing which services are most popular, but somehow I am having issues in creating a field or summary field where I could count them all. 

Each service presents a separate checkbox field, thus I am confused on how to do this.

Could you please advise on what my best option would be?

KR

Nenad
      PaulTrimor
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks so much for the detailed response Chuck, 

I was wanted it so that the chart would update automatically, but I think this is the best way to create a summary Chart. 

I think what I want has to be hand coded with javascript HighChart and Quickbase's API.