Forum Discussion

JeffRogerson
Qrew Cadet
9 months ago

Can I Grab Summary Data From A Report Group Column And Apply To It To Another Table?

Hi,

I have an app that contains four related tables.  One of the common relationships amongst all of the tables is a list of employees.

One of the tables generates a report that groups the employees to create a summary report of numerical data  generating a total for each employee.

Here is my problem. I want to use the report generated group value for each employee from the grouped field in another table, but can't figure out the methodology to do it?

I know I can generate a summary field in the parent table, but this is a total of all records (of all employees).  I want to break this down to collect or calculate the total for each individual employee and apply it to existing fields using the same employees as it appears in the child table.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Jeff 

------------------------------
Jeff Rogerson

2 Replies

• Hi Jeff,

I think you are over complicating this.

One employee has many detail records with numerical values.

Just make a summary to get the totals you want up to the Employee Record and it will be a total for each individual separate employee. Then you can look that up down to any other child table you want on the other relationships

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

JeffRogerson
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks Mark, so I am going to make the summary table on the employee list table, correct?   

This app is the redevelopment of an older app I am no longer using, and the employee table is the only table that pre-existed this project, so other than using it to supply employee data, never thought to include it as part of the numerical process.

Thanks again, you are always so helpful.

Jeff

Jeff Rogerson