Forum Discussion

JenniferJennife
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Can I set a password requirement on one specific userid?

My department has several team members that "share" an Outlook Inbox which utilizes our team email address. Our team has both individual UserIDs as well as (1) UserID for the team (which is linked to the team email address). There is one member who prefers to use the Team's UserID instead of their individual UserID. This person has repeatedly gone into QB after everyone else on the team has left for the day, selected "forgot password" (after being told NOT to) and reset the Team UserID password so only they can use it. Is it possible to enable a password requirement (i.e. 3 security questions) to prevent this person from continuing to do this? I couldn't find anything in the user manual about this.

3 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Option 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ79FVW_4-Q

Option 2:
    Change the "team password" to something else and don't tell them.  Reverse the scenarios.

Option 3: 
    QB has a new 2 step authentication process, but I don't think this would be a good fit for you.

...  Just some ideas, its an odd thing for that to happen.
      JenniferJennife
      Qrew Member

Hi Matthew - thank you for the suggestions. I have changed the password and did not tell him what it was. When that happens, he waits until every one leaves clicks the forgot my password link, goes into the group inbox picks up the reset email from QB and resets it. Got to come up with another approach....

THANK YOU!

MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      Set up a email server rule,  that forwards any reset email to a different email address and deletes it from the inbox.  Then all the reset request that he makes appear to "not work"

You could make the outlook rule to move it to a random subfolder and mark it as read.  Then he'd never see it.

Just don't forget about that rule when you really do forget the password  ;)