Forum Discussion

JasonCrowley
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Can someone help me understand why I keep getting ""error code 4, bad ticket""?

Can someone help me understand why I keep getting "error code 4, bad ticket"? When I clear my cache it works for a few minutes then I get the error again. This just started happening as the page worked fine for months.

4 Replies

• Hi Jason,

What are you attempting to do that is causing you to see this error code 4, bad ticket?
  • Thanks for responding! I have a form collecting information that I'm trying to send to my Quickbase app. Currently I'm using the API ticket with the username and pw, it's been working fine for months then just recently I started getting this error. Every time I clear my cache it works for a few minutes then reverts back. Any ideas?
  • HI Jason,

I would suggest trying to substitute the ticket for a user token. They are a newer option that I have found to be a bit more robust when being used in APIs and they have some more advanced security features. They also do not expire under the same time table as authorization tickets. I have included linked below our help topic on user tokens. I would suggest trying to just adjust your API call that way. 

https://help.quickbase.com/api-guide/create_user_tokens.html

There isn't an API issue I am familiar with that would cause an API like that to not fire unless the ticket itself was bad or expired, but in that instance it shouldn't suddenly work when you clear your cache. If after you make the change to a user token this issue still persists at that point I would suggest putting in a support case to work with a Care Team member so they can see the specifics of your set up and that error message and look at it more closely with you. 
  • Thanks again for your response, after doing some research I did come across the user token. I'm going to give that a shot and see what happens.