Forum Discussion

JoshJosh
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Can you print exact form directly to pdf?

We are using exact forms for detailed estimates.

1. Build estimate
  2. Press 'print' (prints the exact form)
  3. Click print in the users browser
  4. Convert to pdf
  5. Send pdf to client

Can I get the print button to 'click print' for the user?

12 Replies

• We looked into this and It's uber expensive. Way over the top pricing.
  • So I found myself an answer. Once you've loaded your exact form edit it within quickbase. After the </html> tag put the following code:

<script type="text/javascript"> <!-- window.print(); //--> </script>
    When your page finishes loading the print prompt will appear. From there you can make it a pdf. Not the complete answer I was hoping for but it does save a keystroke.
      MeredithMoore
      Qrew Cadet
      If you add this to your body section of your Exact Form it will open up in print / save as pdf mode:
      <body onLoad=qdbEF();window.print() class=exactforms lang=EN-US><!-- Body class and onload attributes modified -->

------------------------------
      Meredith Moore
      ------------------------------
  • Good afternoon Josh,

Unfortunately at this time there is not a way in native QuickBase to print to a PDF. However, QuickBase works with some awesome partners who develop add-ons to make this happen. I know off the top of my head that Juiced Technologies has an add on called Exact Forms Plus that would allow you to print directly to a PDF as well as customize the form easier.

http://quickbase.intuit.com/partners/juiced-technologies-inc

Feel free to reach out to them and I am sure they will get in touch with you quickly!

Have a great rest of your day!

Natalya Waye, QuickBase Care Team
  • Hi Josh, (and thanks Natalya)

what you have described above can be achieved with a combination of add-ons that we offer.

1. Exact Forms Plus will generate the "Estimate" PDF file and save it in a file attachment field with a single button click.
    2. Courier for QuickBase can be "triggered" to download that file and email it to any email address on the "Estimate" record. It is "triggered" by the update that Exact Forms Plus does to the estimate record, so no need for another button click to email the pdf file to your client.
    We can have this setup and working in your existing application in a few hours.

Contact me: info@juicedtech.com for more information.

Keith
  • I guess if you simply look at price and nothing else you can say that about most everything.  You need to find value.   Our base price for Exact Forms Plus is $40/month.  Annualized this is about $1.85 per business day.  If you look at the # of docs you can create annually @ 500/month that comes to about 8 cents per doc/pdf.  You can also look at the value of the doc itself, are you creating a proposal for a client that's worth 1000's to your business? Or you can look at the time savings, efficiency and accuracy you get with a single click pdf creation.   Uber expensive, over the top pricing...I'm not sure that is as accurate statement.  I'd be happy to talk further with you if you are open to a value based discussion.
  • We were quoted $40 per user so multiply that with the amount of users we have plus what we already pay for Quickbase  per user and you have yourself a quandary for a small business like us.  I just could not convince the owner to make that additional investment.  We figured out a workaround and it takes an additional few minutes of time but for us, that works for the time being.  I can see how your pricing would work for a much larger company.  That's all I'm saying.  It would be nice to have some additional features that work natively with QuickBase rather than being inundated with Third-Party vendors and additional costs that weren't originally presented when we went with QuickBase over other solutions.
  • The Juiced pricing is not "per user".  So there is no multiplication times the # of users.
  • OK, I guess there was a miscommunication because I asked that question specifically and was told it was $40 per user.  That might warrant us looking into it again.  Thanks!
  • Hi Vickie, sorry for the confusion but we definitely do NOT charge $40/user.  I'm not sure who quoted that to you but it is not correct.  We charge $40 per month.  The only additional costs you would incur would be if you produced more than 500 documents per month.  But for a large % of our clients the 500 document per month threshold is just right.
    Keith