Forum Discussion

NickMangine
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Cannot set field value when filtering for an Automation

Hey all. I'm trying to create an automation to delete certain records each day. I've done this before but the interface does not look the same for the current table.

Here is the way I expect it to look:

Here is what the new automation looks like when I try to create it:
Notice that in the second image, the value (Unchecked) is grayed out. I cannot change it to Checked like the other one. I tried turning the automation on with
Should Delete is not equal to the value Unchecked

But this tried to delete ALL Vendor Invoices!

Can anyone shed some light on why the second automation is not acting the like first? Both fields are Checkbox Formulas.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Nick Mangine

9 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Is "Should Delete" a field in both tables or is it a lookup to one of those tables? That might make a difference. Automations are weird sometimes.

What do you see as options for the second automation? Are you able to pick anything other than the greyed out unchecked?
      NickMangine
      Qrew Member

Both fields are formulas in their respective tables. I just happened to name them the same.

I cannot change the value in the second automation.

I thought it was possible the automation was only giving me existing options (i.e. all the records were unchecked for this field) but I purposefully created a record with where "Should Delete" is checked. Still see the same (no) options :(

Nick Mangine
        NickMangine
        Qrew Member
        Turns out this is a known bug. I opened a support case and was told as much.

Nick Mangine