Forum Discussion

LesKimbler
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Can't get Converted Pipeline to do what Automations Did

I have migrated/converted several automations to test Pipelines in a particular scenario that I have set up to move/copy/transfer data between two different apps. After doing the Migration, none of the pipelines are functioning how I need it to, the way the Automation did.

What appears to be the issue looking through the Pipeline, is it is set to do a Merge with the Record ID field. Which is not how the automation was set up. The Automation was to look for a Site # field, and a Unique ID field (a field that merges several fields of information to be unique). If the Site # field and the Unique ID field matched in either table, then the automation would transfer any data changes when triggered by a particular status. The Pipeline appears to be looking at these fields to confirm they match, but it is still not merging properly.

What I'm seeing in the Pipeline is it is defaulting to Merge only with the Record ID field. but the Record ID field does not match across APPS. When I change that to either the Site # and/or the Unique ID field, it either does nothing, or claims an error that the field doesn't exist.

I don't' understand why it is trying to add a Record ID merge, when that is not how the Automation is set up to work? Any ideas?

------------------------------
Les Kimbler

4 Replies

• See the "Automation migration tool improvements" section in the August 2021 release notes:

"Additionally, you can now migrate automations that use custom table keys. That means that primary keys that are different from the default key, Record ID#, are now supported."

So this should be fixed next week and hopefully your pipelines will migrate properly then.

Tyler Jablonski
  • Hi Les,

Tyler hit it exactly on the head in his previous post, the migration tool covers about 75% of uses cases to be translated from Automations to Pipelines and in this instance your use case was not support just yet. When the release goes live on the 15th of this month you should be able to transfer your Automation over with an alternate primary key. Sorry you ran into that issue trying to use the tool the first time around.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase
      LesKimbler
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks for the info & replies.

I'm assuming that after it goes live, all I should have to do is just redo the Migration? Since it allows it to be done multiple times.

Thanks again,

Les Kimbler
        EvanMartinez
        Qrew Elite
        That is correct Les, once the change is made you should just be able to redo the Migration on that Automation and go fresh. You would probably want to disable or remove any previously made Pipelines since they aren't working for you but otherwise you should be good to go after the release.

Evan Martinez
        Community Marketing Manager
        Quickbase