Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

Capture date modified if reference field changes

Hi Everyone , I am currently in a project where i need to give data changes which has happened from past 1 week . Initially it looked easy as we have date modified in each and every table. But the catch is in almost every table there are reference field ( table to table relationship) . If those column changes then the reference table date modified does not change. For Eg . If in Table A , table B is being referenced the changes happens in table B get reflected to table A but date modified does not change. Any advise please

5 Replies

• If lu want to have a parent know that maximum Date Modified of it�s children, then make a summary field of the Maximum Date Modified of its children.

Then have a field that calculates the

Max([Date Modified Of Children], [Date Modified])

You can use this same technique with lookup fields as well when you are going �down� instead of Iup.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      iPad typing is never very accurate for me ... but glad you liked my answer.
      ArchiveUser
      Qrew Captain
      Thank you ,  Yes your solution worked . But the only issue which I have at the moment is that my Parent table is connected to 30-40 child table, which requires me to create 30 date modified  columns.  Would you recommend to do the same or if there is any other solution. 
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Yep, so you need 30 summary fields.  If it takes you 1 minute per field (it will take less that that once you get into a rhythm), it's still only a half hour.  Put on some music and just go at 'er.