Forum Discussion

RichardPfister
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Change Column width in Table Report in Email Subscription

When I send a Table Report in an Email Subscription the column widths get messed up.  For example, my first column header is only 5 characters wide (ID No) and it changes from being displayed on two rows in QuickBase to 5 rows (one character per row) in the email.  Other columns in the same email report have as many as 7 characters per row.  I don't see any settings to control this.  Does anybody have ideas?

3 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Those reports get sent as HTML from quickbase.  How they display in your email tool is 100% dependent on the viewer/tool you are using.  

Does changing the view size, or downloading all the images, or opening in a separate window change the wrapping?
  • Thanks for your response Matthew.  I'm opening the email in Outlook 2013.  Maximizing the email doesn't change the view, nor does downloading all the images in the email.  It can be viewed in a web browser and then displays as it does in QuickBase, but the goal is to have it display correctly in the email body, especially since it's going to display there anyway.  Any other thoughts?  Anybody else having this issue?
      RichardPfister
      Qrew Cadet
      Zooming out to 60% has a minor and inconsistent effect: some columns become wider, others narrower, none of them ideal...and at 60% the font is too small to read anyway.