Forum Discussion

KevinKing
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Changing Email "Sender" from Notify

I could not find a similar thread anywhere so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but...

Is it possible to customize the notifications "sender"? Right now it comes from "notify" and it would be nice to have the company name displayed. Some of our notifications are "open emails" and do send externally.

I do see the option of sending from the application manager, which could work...but it would be nice to send from an email address that is setup to receive any replies from customers.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Kevin King

3 Replies

• np,
    You will need to invest in a seat for the general mailbox.  ie a userid for CustomerService@mycompany.com

Then make a formula user field called [Notification Email FROM] with a formula of

ToUser("CustomerService@mycompany.com")

Then make an email Notification with type OPEN (at the top) and importantly select  when single records change (at the bottom - Advanced).

then set the email to come from the User in the field ....[Notification Email FROM]

That also means that when the customer does a Reply, it will come back to you and not to the very big black hole of replying to notify@quickbase.com

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KevinKing
      Qrew Member
      Thank you so much! The 'single records change' step is exactly what I was expected but couldn't find. This solution is extremely helpful.

Kevin King
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        It is a good solution.  Be aware that there is some risk that the emails will be flagged as SPAM by the recipient's email system as the email REPLY to is different from the real sender, which is notify@quickbase.com.  I do have one client for whom that was a showstopper (along with the need to send real attachments) so we implemented Juiced Courier which is able to use my client's email server to do the emailing.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com