Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Chart Showing Estimate an Actuals

Looking to make a simple bar chart showing the totals of actuals and estimates.  Table is attached.  I just can't figure out how to do.  I did have a column I deleted that was "Budget Type" that has Actual vs Estimate.  I would rather not have to do that.  Gotta be a way to do it with structure as is, right?

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

6 Replies

• Can you expand a little more? Are you trying to do like a stacked bar where you align them together and show some kind of chart where you're looking at Actuals and how they align compared to Estimate? Or are you picturing them side by side where actuals and Estimate appear on the X-Axis together and they're grouped by another metric (Like Division)?

Chayce Duncan
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Definitely the latter.  Ideally, two columns for each Fiscal year, showing a sum of actuals in one, estimates in the other.  (I can then dynamic filter by year, if I want to simply the chart.)

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Easy enough then - you would make a chart report of type 'bar' and then for your x-axis you would include the 'Year' field that you want to report on, then for your y-values you would first put estimated and then add another y-value an include the actuals. 

Chayce Duncan