Forum Discussion

DavidDavid7
Qrew Trainee
8 years ago

class='Vibrant Success' in a different colour to green!

HI,

I'm using the 'Vibrant Success' button in my text formula fields (as per the Magic Buttons Sample App), and absolutely love them.

However, I'd really like to use a different colour in some instances for contrast.

For example, the dark blue with white text 'submit a question' button on this forum would go down a treat!

Can this be done without resorting to image onload techniques?

David

----

Example of the kind of formula text field I'm talking about from the 'Magic Buttons' app.

If([Checkbox] = false,

"<a class='Vibrant Success' href='" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&apptoken=d9eascudwjxs2sesxkjccwgtq9r&_fid_101=1&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#]) & "'>4B. Check a checkbox then display record</a>",

"<a class='Vibrant Success' href='" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&apptoken=d9eascudwjxs2sesxkjccwgtq9r&_fid_101=0&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#]) & "'>4B. Uncheck a checkbox then display record</a>"

)

PS Anyone not sure what I'm talking about here - search in the App Exchange for 'Magic Buttons'

10 Replies

• There are 4 colors I know of.

"Vibrant Success // makes green

"<a class=\"Vibrant Primary\"a href=" & $URL & ">" & "words go here" & "</a>", // makes blue

"<a class=\"Vibrant Danger\"a href=" & $URL & ">" & "words go here" & "</a>" // makes red
    "<a class=\"Vibrant Snowy\"a href=" & $URL & ">" & "words go here" & "</a>" // makes while with light blue letters

I gave this info to Kirk Trachy at EMPOWER and only geeks like us would be so excited about new colors.  Welcome to our geek club.
  • Fantastic Mark - thanks for the response (and I'm happy to admit I get excited re this too!). Sorry I didn't get chance to say hello at EMPOWER - had hoped to catch up with you to say thanks for all the support you've provided to me over the years - either directly responding to my questions, or indirectly via your responses to other's questions. Your award was 100% deserved! Thanks. David
  • Update: There is a 5th colour, yellowish.  Try this code as a formula html button.

List("&nbsp;",
        "<a class='Vibrant'>Vibrant</a>", // regular grey button
        "<a class='Vibrant Alert'>Vibrant Alert</a>", // yellowish
        "<a class='Vibrant Danger'>Vibrant Danger</a>",  // red
        "<a class='Vibrant Primary'>Vibrant Primary</a>", // blue
        "<a class='Vibrant Snowy'>Vibrant Snowy</a>",  // white
        "<a class='Vibrant Success'>Vibrant Success</a>" // green
    )
  • btw, on the infamous purple rain day when the UI got all purple, for reasons that are difficult to defend, they changed the green button to blue.  So Vibrant Primary and Vibrant Success are now both blue.
      EOMDevelepors
      Qrew Captain
      Is the a class for green since they changed Vibrant Success to blue?

Thanks
        LauraThacker
        Qrew Captain

The original "green" color HEX code is 6bbd57

------------------------------
        Laura Thacker (IDS)
        laura@intelligentdbs.com
        (626) 771 0454
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Not that I�m aware of. This became less important once they gave us the ability to have colored URL formula buttons. I suppose your need is to have colored buttons but also have floating words by formula?
      EOMDevelepors
      Qrew Captain
      I have a script in a rich text field so I can not use the built in url button option.
        AlbertoTablada
        Qrew Member
        In case someone might still need to know how to add custom colour on rich text button, you can add style like this:
        "<a class='Vibrant Primary' style='background: #000cad; border-color: #000cad;'>Vibrant</a>"

Alberto Tablada