Forum Discussion

RachelJones
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Composite Index for Quick Base Table

Hello,

I have a table named Certifications which has 2 parent tables: Publishers and Formats. I need to ensure there are no duplicate combinations between publishers and formats. So what I tried was to create a formula-text field and concatenate the Related Publisher and Related Format, then set it to unique. Quick Base won't let me set that formula field to unique.

Users will be creating certifications on the fly, and I need to make sure that if a certain format is already certified for a certain publisher, they cannot create a new/duplicate certification.

How can I create a composite key field (2 fields that, when combined, are unique) for my table?

------------------------------
Rachel Jones

9 Replies

• Are you using a formula rich text or formula text? Is it giving you an error? Do you see the checkbox Must be unique and does it check your existing entries, maybe you have some duplicates in the mix already?

It should work just fine on a formula text field. 

Everett Patterson
      RachelJones
      Qrew Cadet
      I am using formula - text. I do see the checkbox. I do already have one duplicate.

I thought checking "check for duplicates" would take care of that, but instead the specific message I get is:

Rachel Rachel
        RachelJones
        Qrew Cadet
        Update: I deleted the duplicate record and I still get the error.

Rachel Rachel