Forum Discussion

IanIan
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Conditionally change color of formula numeric field, either text or background, without using a a Formula Text field.

I want to change either the background or text of a formula numeric field based on conditions (e.g. over budget). I have made it work using a formula text field that mimics the number, and even got a "$" or "%" to work.

It seems hit or miss, and sometimes I get weird numbers. Is there a way to directly change the color of a numeric field? Here is an example of a formula:

If([Remaining Project Budget Funds Original]<0,"<div style=\"color:red;\">"&"$"&ToFormattedText(Round([Remaining Project Budget Funds Original],0.01),"comma_dot")&"</div>",

[Remaining Project Budget Funds Original]=0,"<div style=\"color:black;\">"&"$"&ToFormattedText(Round([Remaining Project Budget Funds Original],0.01),"comma_dot")&"</div>",

[Remaining Project Budget Funds Original]>0,"<div style=\"color:#3EC41C;\">"&"$"&ToFormattedText(Round([Remaining Project Budget Funds Original],0.01),"comma_dot")&"</div>")

23 Replies