Forum Discussion

SyaefulBahri3
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Configure date relationship

Hi All,

I have table contains some of date field. There are recruitment process phase in sequence

1. Advertisement date
2. Selection date
3. Interview date
4. Contracting date
5. Contracted date

How to configure this date field for this condition, for example

If the advertisement date is 1 September 2019, the selection date must be later than advertisement date, user can not choose date 1 september 2019 and before 1 September 2019, and so on for interview date, contracting date and contracted date

Many thanks

------------------------------
Syaeful Bahri

4 Replies

• The way i have done this is to make the date fields read-only so the end user cannot change the dates and then use a push button for each field to load the actual current date values in that field. You can use form rules to only enable one button at a time. 

So for instance, you have a pushbutton that is labeled "Set Date1" and when no dates have been loaded, that is the only pushbutton enabled. When the user clicks that pushbutton, the formula invoked by the pushbutton loads the present date into the Date1 field and the form rules will then hide the "Set Date1" button and will then show the "Set Date2" button. This will make it impossible for the Date2 field to have a date earlier than the Date1 field and it makes the user interface clean. and simple.

Jeff Mickelsen
      SyaefulBahri3
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please give me a reference for this push button and form rules?. I think I will need a lot of this push button and form rules things

Many thanks

Syaeful Bahri
        JeffMickelsen
        Qrew Cadet
        This is how I do it.  Create a Formula-URL field (It is easier than using a Formula-Rich Text field) using the following as a template for how to fill it out.

Change your field Label to your choice.
        Change the Formula where it says "_fid_87" to the field id for your correct field. 
        • The numeric part of the field id ("87" in this case) can be determined from the details on your field list.  You may have to enable click on Advanced Options and then click Field ID if you want to see it in the field list.
        • You can also see the Field ID by on the usage tab for the field (Show Field Properties and then click on the Usage tab).
        Change the Link Text to whatever you want it to say.
        You can also change the color of the button, but if you are going to have a group of buttons, make sure all are set to the same color by setting the RGB numeric values.

You can then place this field on your form where ever you want to show it.

There are two Sample Apps on QuickBase that are worth their weight in gold especially for the beginner.  They are Magic Buttons v2 and URL Formula Buttons for Dummies v1.

As far as Form Rules, they are explained quite well in the QuickBase Help under the topic Create Dynamic Form Rules.  If you have a specific question, please provide an example of your form rule and what is wrong.

Jeff Mickelsen