Forum Discussion

LochlanBroughto
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Confirmation button in email

We have designed a HTML 'Booking Ticket' email to be sent as an email notification to clients when booking details are received.

The email notification is sent to the client directly via Quickbase notify upon saving the form.

We would like to include a button in the email which the client presses that 'confirms' the booking.

How would we go about building this button that changes the 'job status' field in a job row to 'confirmed'?

35 Replies

• create a formula field with the below formula 

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()  & "?a=API_EditRecord&usertoken=USER_TOKENrid="&[Record ID#]&"&_fid_18=approved"

_fid_18 - change to your fid

and on the notification 

Message Type : Custom Message
    Custom Message: [Formula_field]
    Interpret Custom Message as HTML: Yes
  • Have been trying to get this to work, but it is not working for me i am using application tokens. here is my formula url 

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()  & "?a=API_EditRecord&usertoken=xxxxxxx&apptoken=xxxxxxxrid="&[Record ID#]&"&_fid_143=1"

i am getting an error saying that application token are required. 
      ChrisNewsome
      Qrew Captain
      I stumbled across this post trying to accomplish the same thing. I'm also getting an error 24 with the app token. I can't understand why as I'm using the token with another API currently. I can't get anywhere with this until I solve the token issue.

------------------------------
      Chris Newsome
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Please post you code that is now working.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        markshnier2@gmail.com