Forum Discussion

ScottTalarico
Qrew Cadet
5 months ago

Connected table Pipelines or Zapier integration

I have a connected table that I want to access the data in either pipelines or Zapier.  The table sources details on the products being purchased.  Ideally I would like to know the easiest way to export the table through a pipeline automation or into Zapier were it could add all the table data into a google template.  In the past I used Workato and created a loop that would hold all the data in a list and then I would source the entire list.  Looking to see if there is an easier solution to the problem.  

------------------------------
Scott Talarico

3 Replies

• Without knowing exactly what you're doing in Google I can only provide a generic answer, so if you can expand on the Google piece my answer might change. 

The difference between Pipelines versus Zapier probably just has to do with which one has the better connector to Google the achieves your end goal. Pipelines has channels for Google Drive, Docs and Sheets but if you need a specific action that Pipelines doesn't support then Zapier will be better. QB is the easy part so its the Google piece that you want to consider more. 

As for getting data out of QB - again it depends on the the action you're wanting to perform that will determine the format and actions. Pipelines has has a table feature in the Bucket Channel somewhat like the Workato stored array but its more for looking up / referencing data and generating an output CSV. If you just wanted a CSV output from QB to load to Drive you can also just do an API_GenResultsTable in QB and load that to Drive.  

Chayce Duncan
      ScottTalarico
      Qrew Cadet

Thanks for the note.  Specifically what I'm doing is creating a google doc template.  The goal is to merge in the data to the template.  I have done this already where I can map in single data fields (Example: Name, company, date, etc) but when there is a connected table the challenge has been getting a storing the data.  The hope was not to have to create a loop to get and store the data and then map that to a field in the google doc template.  I can look into the API_GenResultsTable since I used this when I used to use exact forms.  If you have any other suggests that would be great.  

Scott Talarico
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

For GenResultsTable you can provide a parameter in options for 'csv' that will return the query/report in raw CSV format if you can pass that into your merge. 

The other option if you need an actual array is to query for the data from QB and just transform it using Jinja to create a collection that you can pass into your merge. You could do a loop in the Pipeline step itself where you're sending the merge and just build the actual collection on the fly. Same conceptual concept as Workato except you'd be building it in the actual step where you're sending it to Google instead of building it in advance and passing it along.  

Chayce Duncan