Forum Discussion

christine
Qrew Member
21 days ago

Conversion from textlist to text?

I'm trying to write a formula for two fields-- Field 1 has Option 1 and Option 2. I'm trying to configure it so that if the user selects Option 2, then another field will pop up for them to answer. 

Right now, my formula works because I have Field 1 set as a Multiple Choice field type. However, I need Field 1 to be a Multi-Select field type, and when I try to change it to a Multi-Select, then my formula does not work. 

I get this error: Invalid formula provided in form rules: [{"errorMessage":"Formula Error -- Type MismatchThe expression [_fid_18] on the left hand side of the operator \"=\" is of type textlist while the expression \"Vendor\" on the right hand side is of type text.","ruleIndex":11}]

What's the best way to implement this?

1 Reply

• If you're using Multi-Select fields the easiest way to manage is just to do ToText([Mulitselect]) - then you can compare. 

Keep in mind that if you have multiple options you should be checking Contains() instead of "equals", since if you're looking for if option 2 is included then it may be the only option or one of several.