Forum Discussion

ReneeHansen
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Conversion table or other options?

Hi,
We pull our well data from a source that doesn't spell check or account for different versions of the same name.

Example: these are all "Devon"

DEVON
DEVON ENERGY
DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO LP
DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY L P
Devon Energy Production Company L. P.
Devon Energy Production Company L. P.

How can I create a conversion for situations like this? If the name is any of these, then make it only say "Devon".

I have several different operators that are like this - 908 records. so hoping for something that makes it possible!

Thank You!

------------------------------
Renee Hansen

1 Reply

• I had a similar issue and in my head there is no solution besides manually programming it in a formula text field, (so for this example, if(Contains,[Company],"Devon"),"Devon" and then do this 50 or 100 times or however many scenarios you have).

I believe the only other possible solution would be if ALL of your instances followed the same pattern, ie if in every scenario you were ALWAYS taking the first word as the final, then that of course is a simple formula. But if all your situations are unique, then that is equivalent to needing to write a code where an AI system can evaluate the entire string and start guessing at what the final answer should be.

Mike Tamoush