Forum Discussion

JoshPrimm1
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Count number of times that a job starts over

I have a parent table "Orders" and child table "Statuses". My orders move through a production line and as they move along a new status is added with a value field that indicates where that order is in the line. Many times something happens and the order has to be started over (value field in status goes from 5 to 1, for example). How can I count the number of times each order has to be started over? I know I could probably do this with a QB action by holding the "most recent value" of an order status and updating if new most recent value is less than the last, but I'd like to be able to apply it to every order already entered, not just from here going forward. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Reply

• Personally, I would set up a log table and log each change in status for each order.  This would give you a set of data you could use to answer many questions about your processes over time.

Just curious, why a separate table for statuses?  Why not just a status field on the orders table?  Or can other tables have statuses as well?

~Rob