Forum Discussion

HandsHands
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Count unique values in a field

My table contains data related to individuals working on a project between two dates. Sometimes they work on a project more than once with a gap in between. I want to count the number of people who have worked on the project in total without counting people twice, even if they participated twice.

I'm looking for something to count the number of unique entries in a field.

5 Replies

• I would suggest making a table where the key field would be a text field called [Unique Project Resource Assignments] Let's call the table Unique Project Resource Assignments.

Then on your details table of the task assignments, I would make a formula for the the string

Project Record ID# - Record ID of the Resource.

Then do a Summary Report of that field on the details table and from time to time export it to the Unique table. Then you can do summary Count fields up to that table and then look them up down to any Project or Resource.
  • I ended up creating a report which displayed the participant's names with the Sort and Group function enabled based on their names. At the bottom of the report is a count of the individual names, not including duplications. Thanks for your help.
  • Is there a way to automate the Summary report export onto the new Unique Project Resource Assignments table? 
  • Can you post a new complete question?  There is a new functionality to summarize text fields up to a parent record now so maybe that is all you need.