Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

Creating a duplicate of the same record in Quick Base

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if there is a functionality in Quick Base that allows creating of duplicate records.

For example, I have a table named 'Potential Team' and a record in the table is called 'Team.' Now, let's say Record#001 contains a thousand fields containing the names of different member (Member 1, Member 2..Member 999). Is there a way in Quick Base that allows me to re-create/copy the same record including all the data inputted in the fields? It would also be better if there is some sort of button/checkbox in the original record named "Copy record" that will trigger to create this duplicate.

Thank you for the help!

4 Replies

ChrisChris
    Qrew Assistant Captain

When you have the record open in view mode, your "More" menu at the top right will give you the option of copying the record.
  • The low tech way is that when viewing a record, as usual, the good stuff is hidden under the little "More ..." button at the top right.   One option is to copy the record.  You are in control of which fields copy forward, as this is a field property setting on every field type.  The default is to Copy.

If you want to make a button, you can make a formula URL button with this code

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=GenCopyRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]

You can set it to appear as a button and chose a color.  I suggest only showing the button in View mode on the form.
      DavidEngel
      Qrew Member
      Hi, where can I find the reference documentation for the GenCopyRecord function/method?  I don't see it in the API guide.

------------------------------
      David Engel
      ------------------------------