Forum Discussion

LaurieAnderson
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Creating a Report to Pull Specific part of a note

Hello,

I am attempting to create a report that pulls ONLY the last sentence of a note.  Can I please have step by step directions on how to do that?

------------------------------
Laurie Anderson

4 Replies

• Can you give us a example of what a note looks like? Probably a screenshot would be best.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LaurieAnderson
      Qrew Member
      Hello,

Please see the attached screenshot from Quickbase showing the recent activity. I am looking to have the last note from the last activity on the weekly report. I highlighted in yellow the most recent note that I want displayed on the weekly report. 

--

Laurie Anderson

Executive Assistant to 

David Ely, CEO

Sonja Berry, COO

edss Energy Design Service Systems
      7050 Jomar Dr., Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
      Energy Efficiency Solutions | Green Incentives Programs | Grants | R+D Tax Credits | Lighting Design and Supply|

Any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. The matters discussed in this e-mail consider general situations that may arise and should not be relied on in any particular situation. You should consult with a professional concerning the unique facts of any specific situation. This publication does not constitute legal, financial, tax, accounting or valuation advice of any sort. It is provided as an informational service only. Please contact a professional adviser if you need specific advice. No liability whatsoever is assumed in connection with the use of this e-mail.

The information contained in the above message including attachments may be privileged and confidential, and for the exclusive use of the intended addressee.   If you know that you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited and you should permanently delete this message from your inbox.   No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of EDSS with another party by e-mail without express written confirmation by EDSS. Thank you for your cooperation.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

There is more than one way to do this.

I Suggest making a formula text field called  [Note for Roll up] which contains all the elements of that note that you want to capture, for example the date of the note and the content of the note and the note type.

Turn on the relationship where One Company has many Notes, make a summary maximum field to get the [Record ID of the most recent note] (ie the Maximum of the Record ID# field.  Then look  that field up down to the note record.

Make a combined summary text field of that [Note for Roll up]. Filter where the [Record ID#] =  [Record ID of the most recent note].  That will give you the most recent note on the parent record but it will look kind of funky in a bubble like that so then make a new formula field  

ToText([Combined Text for Note for Roll up])

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com