Forum Discussion

DainaDalton
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Creating Users from a Field in a Form

Good Day

I have a employees table in my app.  Once an employee is tied to a record after being selected in a look-up field is there an easy way to automate giving them access and a role.  The role would be the same for all the employees chosen in this particular look-up field.

Example:  Employee A conducts an inspection and selects employee X as the site contact.  Employee X now needs to have access to the app and only see the records they are tied to.  We have over 800 employees that can be selected from the employee X table.  We don't want to give them access upfront, but once they are tied to a record/form.

------------------------------
Daina Dalton

1 Reply

• I think that this is very easy.

You will set the access so all employees have access to the App via a Role called Allowed to view where employee is Assigned to Record. So that takes care of getting access to the App. Note that if you don't have a convenient group for those 800 employees, you can invite all employees to the app as they may be in multiple Roles in which case Quick Base will give the most access possible. 

I assume that your table of employees has the Employee Userid. Look that up down to your Records. 

Then the custom Rule for access is where the employee userid is the current User.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com