Forum Discussion

KielBerry
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Cross-Table Report Formulas

I am using QB in our manufacturing facility and am trying to get an order-by-order bill of materials. Specifically, I have a table for "Raw Goods" (the raw materials we make into parts), "Parts" (the things we sell), "Assigned Goods" (an intermediate table creating a many-to-many relationship between Raw Goods and Parts), and an "Orders" table (where individual orders for parts are entered).

Each part record has a bill of materials that specifics how many pounds of of each raw good is needed to make one part. When I enter an order in the Orders table and enter the quantity of parts ordered, I need the Order record to multiply the quantity of each raw good by the number of parts ordered. 

I can figure out how to the get the original bill of materials to show up on the Order record (by looking up the embedded bill of materials report from the related Part record), but how do I then multiply the quantity of parts ordered in the Order record by the individual raw good quantities? In the example below, I would need a column multiplying each value by 15,000.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

------------------------------
Kiel Berry

2 Replies

• You will need to have a proper child table to the orders.  
    One order has many Order Raw goods BOLs.
    That will be a new child table to Orders.

You can use an Automation to copy across the correct Assigned Goods which match the part ordered to create these when the order is created and the part has been selected on the order.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KielBerry
      Qrew Member
      Awesome. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Kiel Berry