Forum Discussion

KevinGardner1
Qrew Member
3 months ago

Current URL Display without JavaScript

Hello!

I am trying to figure out a way to capture the URL of an open form when a record is opened in Edit Mode.  I need to run numeric calculations differently when a record is in Edit Mode vs. View Mode and thus need a signal to verify which state the form is in.  My idea was to capture the URL and use Text functions to identify if the URL contained the "er" vs. "dr" as a signifier of which mode the form was in.  Most of what I could find uses JavaScript.  Is there a way to do it without JavaScript?  I suppose all I need is the URL displayed in a text format, like pictured below.

Thank you!

2 Replies

•  I do not know of a way to do what you're asking but I wonder if you can get there with form rules. For example on legacy forms there is a form rule  

When the record is opened. 

Action:

Set a checkbox called [In Edit Mode?] to checked.  

You could have another rule based on 

When the record is saved

Action:

Change the [In Edit Mode?] to Unchecked.

KevinGardner1
      Qrew Member

Thanks Mark, my solution ended up using the When The Record is Saved feature.  When the record is saved, it copied the numeric value in question to a secondary static field.  Then, when the record is opened and the numeric value changes, I can flag it and do the background calculation.