Forum Discussion

RhondaParriet
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Current user

I have an app to schedule vacation requests. 
The user logging in should only be able to see vacation requests of his own or his subordinates ( so He can approve requests)
How can I restrict the view in this fashion.
Ex.  I don't have any subordinates that I would need to approve vacation requests; I don't need to see any requests but my own.  

My supervisor should be able to see his as well as mine and any other subordinates he has but he doesn't need to see anyone else's

I have a table for employees that has a many to many to identify the supervisor of the employee.  I have another table for vacation requests. 

Lastly, I have a report that views as a calendar for vacation scheduling conflicts; again.  The supervisor will have a custom view of his subordinates.

------------------------------
Rhonda Parriet

4 Replies

• Can you prove a bit more detail on the Tables and their relationships?  Do you have a table of Employees and a Table of Supervisors?  Or just a table of employees?  What is the many to many between?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RhondaParriet
      Qrew Member
      I have one table called corporate directory; it lists the employees and their supervisors.  I created a many to many within corporate directory to pull supervisor data see below

Rhonda Parriet
        RhondaParriet
        Qrew Member

Rhonda Parriet