Forum Discussion

TonyGonzalez
Qrew Trainee
4 months ago

Customer Sat Survey - How to make just the Form available to EOTI

I understand the EOTI access, role, etc.  I have enabled that as an option for our Customer Survey App.  I don't necessarily want them to land on a home page, I just want them to see our survey/form.  What is the best practice for something like this?  

------------------------------
Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
IT Director City of New Braunfels

16 Replies

• So you're trying to get a link where they land on the form? If they're adding a survey response then you would just land them on the add record form for that table to have them fill out and save. 

So: 

URLRoot() & "db/" & your table id for the survey & "?a=nwr"

Chayce Duncan
      TonyGonzalez
      Qrew Trainee

Not sure I understand that code and where to put it.  Sorry, just getting started with this.  Trying to learn my way through it.

Gonzo - A Newbie, but learning fast. (Former SmartSheet evangelist who is quickly converting to QuickBase)
      IT Director City of New Braunfels
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

I'll start with the where to put it. How are you intending on sending out this link? If it's a survey - are you putting on your website? Sending it out via email? Common examples with EOTI might be that you have non-users in your system that when something happens like a project completes or on a schedule once a month you send an email and in this email you have a link to fill out the survey. In this case the 'link' you're sending is the add record form  what whatever table you want these responses stored in. 

The code itself is just a generic add record string for any table. In your case lets say you go to your survey table and the url looks like this: 

https://cityofnewbraunfels.quickbase.com/db/abcd1234?a=td

(yours will look different)

Then if your goal is to have these EOTI Users add / create surveys for you - then the link that you want to create would be: 

https://cityofnewbraunfels.quickbase.com/db/abcd1234?a=nwr

Where you then put that link is up to you. You can take that link and put it on your website under a 'Complete Survey' hyperlink, put it in an email from above, turn it into a QR code and print it on flyers etc. 

Chayce Duncan