Forum Discussion

MariaFlynn
Qrew Member
7 years ago

customise table report default view

Hi, I'm new to quickbase and getting set up. I would like to change the default table report that shows for one of my main tables by filtering a field to match criteria. Is it possible to do this (sorry cannot seem to find an answer on community)?   To put this into context...

I have 1,000's students but would like the default table to ONLY show current/active students and hide those who have completed. I can see how to do this in form (no problem!) but it would be much better for my users if the table view also showed this (as completed students don't need further interaction and the list is too long/overwhelming). Hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance if anyone can help with this :)

Maria

2 Replies

KingslySamuel1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    You can control this via "customizing" your default report setting. Or the other options is to create a separate report with filter showing only active or current students and make that report to be the default table report for your app's landing page. (Note: you can also make this report role/user-specific as well). Hope that helps.
  • To clarify the above. The "default report" cannot be filtered. These are just settings to control the default columns and sort. But yes, as stated above, you can make any report you like to be used for the Table Home page report.

But I also suggest that you make a button or link in your Dashboard to a list all report or a report of inactive employees, so users can easily find them. Users tend to treat the filter box on top of the table home page's report as a search box and get confused when they get no hits when looking for an inactive employee.