Forum Discussion

MarkShnier__You
Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
2 years ago

Dashboard Maps are actually awesome

Just FYI, and not a question .....

I just did my first production map report with hundreds of pins ( 610 pins to be exact!) on the Dashboard and OMG, you really have to give Quickbase credit for this one.  The map loads super 
fast and as advertised, I was able to customize the pin colour and pin icon. They also did quite a nice job of handling the situation where multiple pins are at the exact same address.

Kudos to some unknown software engineers and Product Manager for nailing this one.

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
mark.shnier@gmail.com

23 Replies

• Does it only do that in Dashboards, or is there a way to get it to have the custom pin icons and colo(u)rs in a stand-alone map report?

Edward Hefter
    www.Sutubra.com
      MarkShnier__You
      For now, only on the new Dashboard. On the Roadmap for stand alone reports, but I don't think the timeline expectation has been announced.

mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You

With a shout out to Sheldon, & Amy,  (Fun with Maps), I used Formula Queries, to do ranking and use the icons from 1-9 (and then I used the square plus sign for 10 and above),  to visually rank the stop sequences of daily truck pickups and deliveries.   In my use case there is rarely more than 9 stops per day  

But you could also visually rank customer sales within states, for example. 

mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • This is probably the absolutely perfect thread to see if anyone can help me figure out how to accomplish our goals. We are a NYS-based telehealth program that offers services specifically within hospitals. I have every NYS hospital on our map, and I'd like to color code them based on where there is access to our service or a similar service, versus those who don't. I already have those fields built in, but there are 193 hospitals in NYS for this report. I did do the dashboard and see my color-coded pins, but the problem is I'm seeing the lump of hospitals as a number - I'd really like to visualize all of NYS at once. Alternatively, to try to solve for this, I added in the region of NYS. That still is not quite drilled down enough to see all of our hospitals.... so I thought of going small section by small section to kind of piece together an overall map on a dashboard..... this is cumbersome and not attractive.

Is there a way to get them ALL to populate/no drill downs (it's okay to see several pins all lumped)..... and even better yet.... could I somehow get the counties sussed out on the map, and even color-code the underlying county map based on a separate condition?

Thanks in advance!

Christine Kirk
      MarkShnier__You
      When you say they're all lumped together in a number, are you aware that you can zoom in with the scroll wheel?   There is no way to overlay county borders but if you have any useful dynamic filters such as a county field on the record then you can set up a dashboard filter and just look at a single county or two at a time. Does that help?

mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        I am running into a bag on the new dashboard maps which I have reported where by if I use the icon at the top right to maximize the screen space I lose the ability to hover over tags or to click through a tag. Are others seeing the same bug?

EDIT: Support was able to replicate the Bug. Now waiting for a response.
        EDIT: I noticed at the top right of my dashboard page there is an icon of a TV screen. When I did that it expanded the map to almost full screen and the however capability was retained. So maybe the bug is that the other icon  << >>  should not be showing on that page at all. 

mark.shnier@gmail.com