Forum Discussion

MikeBlinkhorn1
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Days open unless Status = Closed, then stop.

I need a days open field to count up, UNLESS another field (Status) is equal to closed. If Status is is equal to closed, the days open should stop at the number of days between creation and the date the Status was marked closed.

6 Replies

• this is the formula from one of my apps for the exact same purpose.  

If([Status]="Closed",[Date - Closed]-[Date - Opened],Today()-[Date - Opened])
      AllisonLewey
      Qrew Member

Suggestions for how to tailor this to also factor in only the amount of week days open? 
      This formula worked perfectly for my days open indicative of an item not being closed, but I foresee the team wanting it to reflect only the number of business days open. 

Thank you,
      Allison

------------------------------
      Allison Lewey
      ------------------------------
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        WeekdaySub(Today()-[Date - Opened]) I think changing the end of the formula to this would do it. You may have to reverse it and have date - opened first.
  • Mike,
    Do you have a field for [Date Closed] or does that also need to be captured when the Status changes to Closed.
      DrewVoge
      Qrew Cadet
      Good point.  I should have pointed out that the field [date - closed] is populated by form rule when the record is saved and the value of [status] has changed to "closed".