Forum Discussion

JamieOwens_Knig
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Default to Tab with Missing Field Information

I have a form that is tabbed and a field is required on the first tab. If someone saves and closes while in another tab, the pop up message does say what tab and what field is missing and then highlights the tab in red (see below). But, when the user clicks OK, they are still on the tab they were in when they clicked save and close. Is there a way to redirect the user to the tab with the missing field information instead of just highlighting it?

------------------------------
Jamie Owens Knight

2 Replies

• Hi Jamie,

There is not currently a way to set up a form and rules to guide people back to that specific tab. If that is something that would be valuable to you when your users are saving records I would recommend adding that suggestion to our feedback in Quickbase. You can find feedback when you are signed into Quickbase on your My Apps page. It is a tab that appears on the side of the page labeled feedback. There you can enter your suggestions on future enhancements and features for Quickbase and it goes to our Product team. You can also see other suggestions made by Quickbase users if someone has submitted a similar suggestion. Sorry that there isn't an easy fix I can point you to in this instance.

Evan Martinez
      JamieOwens_Knig
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you!!

Jamie Owens Knight