Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Default values and Dynamic Rules.

I have a field (field A) that defaults to a value. I also have a dynamic rule that says when the default value is present for Field A that another field (Field B) is to be made required, otherwise Field B is not required. I have no other dynamic rules that govern the requirement of Field B. When I select another selection for Field A other than the default value, Field B stays required and I can not save with because the dynamic rule still seems to think the default value is in place. Is the default functionality adversely affecting the dynamic rule for making a field required? Shouldn't these dynamic rules be acting dynamically vs having to save the record for the change to take affect.

This dynamic rule worked fine with the default value up until recently. Is this a new bug in the dynamic rules working with default values?

------------------------------
George Bramhall

2 Replies

• I realize this is a very simplistic approach, but have you tried the other way around?

If [Field A] does not equal 'Default' AND [Field A] is not blank, unrequire [Field A]

I don't know that this will fix it, but I find that Form Rules sometimes work in very strange ways.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Blake,
      It was indeed a matter of tweaking the dynamic rule.
      Thanks,

George Bramhall