Forum Discussion

ArshadKhwaja
Qrew Commander
8 years ago

Deleting records by record id

I am updating my tables for the last time but I have noticed I have around 65 records which should not be there.  What is the quickest way to delete this.  I do have their record ID.  There is no other criteria available to me unless to find each record and delete it. 

14 Replies

• Thanks both.  I managed to delete these records using Mark's technique. But Dan's solution is good.  I am little apprehensive of deleting  in this manner as I really don't know what am I doing.  I am at a crucial stage as I am rolling out and just cannot afford any issues.  Will definitely learn few things from you Dan.
  • It is Mark that I am worried about. He really has to get on the JavaScript train.
  • So not sure if this is relevant but I found this thread when wanting to delete a list of record ids. 

I have table structure of opportunities -> Facilities -> Asssets. 

I had a list of assets that I wanted to delete from an opportunity but not all assets associated with that opportunity (567 of them). I tried this method and it was to tedious in excel to write the formula with all the record id's to find them. What I did instead was move all the facilities that had the assets I wanted into a new opportunity. Then deleted all the assets associated with the original opportunity. Then I can move all the facilities with assets I want back into the original opportunity.  I know this is not exactly what this thread is about. But think of it like figuring out a way to be able to create a filter for the records you want to delete. I did this by moving all the records to be associated with another parent table record and then deleting. So taking the list excel list of record IDs, running an update, then a report and grid edit to delete. Hope this helps.