Forum Discussion

gustavocota
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Display only new or changed records

Hi everyone,

In the report options there is a checkbox called "Display only new or changed records" I would like to know what is the condition QB is using to pick the records that it will show if I check that option. I need to know if it will serve my purpose.

Regards

------------------------------
gustavo cota

5 Replies

PaulPeterson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    You can compare the Date Created to the Date Modified.  If they are equal, then you need to determine your definition of "new" (aka today() -  Date Created < n) .  If they are different, the record has been modified.  Again, then you need to determine the range you want to see.

Paul Peterson
      PaulPeterson1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Please ignore my reply, I answered a question you didn't ask.

Paul Peterson
  • My recollection is that those display options are per user, since the user's last session. 

What's your purpose? We can try to figure out a way to match that specifically.

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
    sjones@datacollaborative.com
    366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474
      gustavocota
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Sam,

I was interested in having few records in a dropdown instead of the the entire list from a table so the "Create new" button is available without scrolling down.
      So If I use this option and the user creates many of those records during the same session, a scroll down will be required eventually, which is what i want to avoid. Before I have asked if a report can be made to limit records to the first 5 or so and I think there was no way to do that yet.

gustavo cota
        SamJones1
        Qrew Cadet
        Personally, I'd just make a "Create New" button and put it next to the drop down, rather than trying to keep the list short.

If you want the list to always be the 5 most recently created, you could create a universal parent record, relate all the newly created records to that so you can get the maximum record id, then create a report formula to limit to only the 5 greatest Record IDs.

If you need more help actually implementing that, swing by Data Collaborative's free Office Hours, every Thursday at 1pm Eastern.

https://data.quickbase.com/db/bqeqqj33i

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
        sjones@datacollaborative.com
        366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474