Forum Discussion

RyanStanford1
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Documenting settings via API

Hello everyone,

I've been tasked to get settings for one of our apps into a more formalized documentation, field properties included.
Ideally, finding a way to do this via API makes the most sense, otherwise I'm hand typing everything. I know about GetSchema, and it does give a lot of field properties etc... but one thing that I noticed it doesn't seem to track is the advanced settings, like if a field is selected to "Restrict Access By Role". Does anyone know how I could possibly pull that information out?

------------------------------
Ryan Stanford

2 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Did you get a chance to catch this years Empower? The App Library app was amazing and may do something similar to what you are wanting. But people seemed to have not cared much about it, such a strange thing because it was incredible. Look up "Virtual Empower: App Library" in the exchange and check it out.

If anything the app may provide you a starting point to do your own similar API calls.
  • Ryan,
    The new api returns all of the properties the old api provides, plus it includes a field by field summary of permissions on the field.  Also it's much easier to use.  Here's a direct link to the endpoint documentation.
    https://developer.quickbase.com/operation/getFields
    Neil

Neil Schneider