Forum Discussion

AbhishekKumar
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Does Add Record API Can add record in table if we remove add Permission from View For Role

Hi, Can somebody help me here

My question is :
Does Add Record API Can add record in table if we remove add Permission from View For a particular Role like Customer. For example like I removed record add permission for a table "Table - A" and I have written some JavaScript in which I am calling add record API on button click and I am logged in as a customer role, but I am not able to add the record.    

Any help will appreciated. Thanks

------------------------------
Abhishek Kumar

4 Replies

• If you present a button to a user to do an Add Record API, it will operate on the permissions of the user. if the user does not have permissions to add record, then the API will fail. Note that hiding the Add Record button in the User Interface setting is different from Roles permission to Add Record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AbhishekKumar
      Qrew Trainee

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your quick reply. Just for clarification It does not mean what user token we are using in API call, It will operate as per login user role. Am I understanding right. 

For example like : The user token using in API call who has admin permission but I am logged in as Customer role and clicking a button to run that JavaScript. As per your statement this will fail because Quick Base operate on permission of logged in User.

Please correct me If I am wrong. Thanks. 

Abhishek Kumar
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        No, if you include a <user token> that that will be the Permission that the API will operate under so in fact the API will succeed.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com