Forum Discussion

JefferyElliot
Qrew Trainee
9 years ago

Does QuickBase currently support publicly available two-factor authentication?

Hi, Does QuickBase currently support Google Authenticator or similar publicly available two-factor authentication?

If so, how do I turn that on?

If not, why not and when will this critical security functionality be available?

6 Replies

• QuickBase does not natively offer MFA. On the higher plans, SAML is supported and you could do MFA with a third party provider such as Azure AD.
  • I would just like to highlight that, in my opinion, this is a huge issue for small companies/groups.  I don't believe that security should be tied to the pricing model, but even so, we would be willing to pay the higher per user price, but not willing to double our user license count (and not use those licenses).  And yet, this is really painful, because I believe strongly that in this new age of cloud base applications, authentication is critically important and that two-factor authentication needs to be a basic requirement, not an advanced add-on.  

I would love to see Quickbase offer authentication with openID providers like Google or Microsoft atleast, if not bringing SAML down to the Premier level.
  • Couldn't agree more.  You shouldn't limit security based on pricing level.  Small companies don't need security Intuit?  Pretty old school thinking
  • Ditto. 

This isn't a nit-pick, this is a key decision point as we evaluate Quickbase and Zoho.

Security isn't a "feature."  It's a necessity. Especially for smaller companies.
  • I'm not sure what the question is. QuickBase recently introduced Tei Factor Authentication. I am just on my iPhone now so I don't have a link for you but it's in the set up somewhere, or in the help
  • Hello.

The question is: why isn't two factor authentication available in all editions of Quickbase?

Per the pricing page, it's only available in Premier Edition which is much more expensive than Essential Edition. ($6,000/yr versus $1,800 respectively)

The app we're building is for a non-profit. They can afford 10 seats of Essential when they only need half that, but 20 "Premier" licences isn't going to happen.