Forum Discussion

AnnetteGioia
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Drill down of summary report shows no records found

I have a summary report by client name. When I click on a client name from that report, it used to bring up the records for that client. Now it shows no records found. If I edit the drill down report and change Client Name EQUALS to Client Name CONTAINS, I get results. Any suggestions?

7 Replies

• You might check to see whether the field has some extra characters in it... either spaces or non-printing characters at the beginning or end.
  • Is this for all Client names or just certain ones with strange characters in their name.
      AnnetteGioia
      Qrew Trainee
      Appears to be all client names. This worked fine not long ago. We just began noticing this issue last week. I haven't made any changes. I'm hoping another user didn't make a change and mess something up. 
  • Equals" matches the exact full name in the field, "contains" matches only the word in the field - not sure whether that is creating the difference in your search
  • Did you mess up the drill down report which is set for that Summary report to use?  Try leaving as the default report and see if it works and then debug from there.  The target report for the drill down normally would not have a filter by client. 
      AnnetteGioia
      Qrew Trainee
      I didn't mess with any of it, until we discovered there was an issue. But even then, I changed everything back to the way it was originally. I did check the default report settings and there are no filters set on it, until you select a client from the summary. From the summary report, I select a client name, which opens up the default report that usually contains the records shown in the summary. The default report (drill down) comes back with no results. I then choose to customize the report, just to see what it is pulling, and it is looking for Client Name is equal to "the client that I selected in the summary report". If I change that filter to "contains", the results appear. But then I have to add another filter to just pull the current year results. The original summary report shows records for the current year. The drill down used to just display the records shown in this report. There are several relationships set up. Many other tables are pulling the "Company Name" from a different table. I tried to update everything to pull Company Name instead of Client Name and still no results. I'm assuming there's a relationship break somewhere. I tried to get help from QuickBase but the support agent said they weren't familiar with our data and wouldn't be able to help. I have a workaround in place right now, just having users edit the drill down results and changing the filter to contains, as well as adding the current year filter. It would be nice to figure out what is wrong though.