Forum Discussion

DebLanser
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Duration field in Pipeline Outlook channel

Hi,
I am creating a pipeline using the Outlook channel to send an email.  I have a duration field {{a.days}} in the body of the email that is not coming through correctly.  A value of 2 days comes through as 172800000.  Any ideas on how to have it display correctly?

Thanks,
Deb

------------------------------
Deb Lanser

6 Replies

• Do you want to come through as an integer number of days?  Or could there be fractional days or minutes and hours?

If you have a duration which is really the time span between two date fields then you could make a numeric formula field in native QuickBase called  [# of Days]. The formula would be

ToDays([my duration field])

Then use that field in your email.

That large value you are seeing is the number of milliseconds in two days.  60 * 60* 24 * 2 * 1000 = 172800000.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DebLanser
      Qrew Member
      Creating the formula field worked perfectly!  Thank you for your help!

Deb Lanser
      TateForgey
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Coach, did you give this advice because of any limitations in Pipelines with duration fields? Can I use them in calculations like I would in a formula duration field?

I'm trying to create a Pipeline to track how long a record stays in a certain status and part of that is trying to set up a calculation using duration fields and insert that value into a field in an Update Record step. However, it threw this error:

Validation error: {'time_in_received_status': ["field 'time_in_received_status' could not be coerced", 'must be of integer type']}

I could have other mistakes in what I'm doing, but I just want to make sure I can create duration calculations here or if I need to create fields in the form to do that. 

Thanks!

Tate Forgey
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Ya, sorry, I don't really know how to work with Durations in Pipelines.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com