Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

dynamic form rules and or

I have a form that I want to show a tab based on certain criteria.  I'm wanting the tab to be hid if the record type is contract or if the record type is maintenance the the description is not Ownership Change / SOP.  I'm not sure how to tell it that.

6 Replies

• I'm not sure if this can be done with form rules directly, but you can always just make a regular formula field and hook the form rule on the  formula field. 

Put the formula field on the form in a hidden section to ensure that the form recalculates the formula as the data on the form is being edited.
      BalaAboki
      Qrew Trainee
      Hey Coach - how would you implement dynamic rule on workflow that is sequential. The workflow was 5 stages in total but not all steps needs to be completed i,e, some work can have only 3, 4 or 5 stages. For simplicity each workflow is on its own TAB. 

Here is what i would like to be with getting this error "(Rules #3 and #4 are both 'show/hide' rules on the same tab (Reviewer 2)" 

If the total # of workflow stage is 3, than show TAB 1-3
      IF the total # of workflow Stage is 4 then show TAB 1- 4
      If the total # of workflow stage is 5, then show TAB 1-5

Note I have a formula field that calculates the total stage.

Thanks
      AlexCertificati
      Qrew Cadet
      Your rules conflict/overlap.
      Show tab 1.
      Show tab 2.
      Show tab 3.
      If the total # of workflow stage >3, show tab 4, otherwise hide it.
      If the total # of workflow stage >4, show tab 5, otherwise hide it.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      In the movie "Cool Hand Luke" the warden has him digging and hole and and filling it in again and again to get Paul Neuman to "get his mind right"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CBqjZX6FjE at 0:30 seconds in.

So we just need you to get your mind right.

1. Scrap your existing form rules.

2. Take out a single blank piece of paper.  Write down the rules for when to show Tab 1.  Put down your pen.

3. Hands on Keyboard. Make a Dynamic form rule to just do THAT.

4. Take out another single blank piece of paper.  Write down the rules for when to show Tab 2.  Put down your pen.

5. Hands on Keyboard.  Make a Dynamic Form Rule to just do that.

6. Take out another single blank piece of paper.  Write down the rules for when to show Tab 3.  Put down your pen.

7. Hands on Keyboard.  Make a Dynamic Form Rule to just do that.

8. Take out another single blank piece of paper.  Write down the rules for when to show Tab 4.  Put down your pen.

9. Hands on Keyboard.  Make a Dynamic Form Rule to just do that.

Now, "Get you mind right" and get digging.

• Well, I finally figure it out.  I have been working on this for the last couple of days.  I guess it just takes time for my brain to work.

This i what I did for my situation.

When record type is not equal to Termination
    and all of the following condition are true.

Related description is not Ownership Change / SOP.

It works just like I want it.

My record types are contracts, maint and terms.