Forum Discussion

JessicaStevens
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Dynamic Rules Editing Permissions

Hello, 

I have locked down the majority of my fields for editing by non-admin users. However, I would still like to allow all users to create new entries. Is there a way to set up a dynamic rule for this? Right now when a user goes to add a new profile they can not edit anything. 

I'm thinking the answer is no, since the problem I am running into is that QB does not recognize the fields for this rule until a profile is created and the users can't create a profile because the fields are locked.

------------------------------
Jessica Stevens

5 Replies

• Or is there a way to set up a dynamic rule that looks for duplicate values and shows a message?

Jessica Stevens
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      You can make a formula numeric field called [record ID mirror].  The Formula will just be [Record ID#]

Then adjust your dynamic form rules to only lock editing when the record ID mirror field is greater than zero and the user is in a particular role.  Reasons I don't understand you cannot use record ID directly in a dynamic form rule but it lets you use record ID mirror.  Record ID# Mirror will be blank when the record has not yet been saved

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        JessicaStevens
        Qrew Member
        Thank you. 

The problem is, once the new profile is saved- We want to lock down the ability to edit again. 

In other words, we want certain users to be able to add a new profile but not be able to make edits after the profile has been created.

Jessica Stevens