Forum Discussion

JCWRG
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Easy question...I'm sure

I have what I know is probably a super simple question. Bare with me, I'm very new to QuickBase: I want to move an entire record from one table to another based on a field being completed. As in - move record to a closed case table once the closed date is filled in on the open cases table. I've tried QB help and Youtube. Please help.

2 Replies

• Hello,

This is simple enough to to do through a Webhook but I would consider your table setup first.  Why not just have not just have one table called "Cases" and have a status field on each record saying "Open" or "Closed".  Then you could run reports on only one table and have all users look at just the one cases table.  All dashboard reports could look at this one table and you could run formulas or form rules based on this status field.  If it is a permissions issue i.e you only want sales people to see open cases you can create different role and permission out the closed cases to sale team.  
  • Or if for some reason you really need closed cases to live in their own table, today you could use automations to create a new record on the closed table with the corresponding values from the living case. You really probably don't want to be deleting stuff, though, so probably changing a status field in the open case table after you've created a closed case is still the way to go.