Forum Discussion

ManojKumar
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Editing an approval flow to reset the approval list

Still a QB amateur here. I have a table of records which goes through a certain approval process. Once it is saved, there is a status column which flags it as 'Active'. There will be some users who will be editing the record using a URL formula button. Once the button is clicked and the record is in edit mode, I want all the exisiting approvals to be cancelled and force to restart the process again. Thank you for your help.

4 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    You can explore using 'dynamic form rules' to clear the existing data.
    Or, you can look at having the data cleared with a button push.

I'm curious why you would want to clear the data anyway...
  • Thanks, Matthew. I want to keep the data but clear the approval list. The record will be a set standard and I would want it to go to approvals again every time there is a change being made.

• I used this formula - URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=GenCopyRecord&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#])  to create a new record. I would like to change the value of a particular field automatically using the Formula URL id. Any suggestions for that?
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    If you want to clear the contents of a field, you will need to know the field ID and insert a 'null' value.

You can do this with a "API_EditRecord" formula url.  

An example is:

Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&apptoken=xxxxxxxxx&_fid_157=0&_fid_153=OFF