Forum Discussion

AidonOlligschla
Qrew Cadet
4 months ago

Email Notification - Multiple Records to User List

Good Morning QB Community,

Discovered a small hiccup that I can't figure out a solution for.  I have an app built for the purpose of assigning tasks to users when on-boarding or off-boarding employees.  I utilize two email notifications (single vs multiple records) to notify users of the new tasks assigned to them.  The emails work in every circumstance except one:

If Task #1 is assigned to User #1 and Task #2 is assigned to both User #1 and #2, only User #1 will receive the multiple record notification.  User #2 will not receive anything.  Other combinations that have been tested and work properly:

• Assign single record to User #1
  • Assign multiple records to User #1
  • Assign single record to User #1 and #2
  • Assign multiple records to User #1 and #2

It only seems to be a problem when you're generating multiple records and there is a user(s) with only a single assigned record.  The notifications will skip these people.

Any ideas how I can restructure to make sure all users are notified whether I'm generating a single record or multiple?

------------------------------
Aidon Olligschlager |
Flight Operations Technical Support
Pentastar Aviation
Waterford MI
aolligschlager@pentastaraviation.com | 248-202-9587

2 Replies

• Might be something to reach out to support for. Out of curiosity - are these (2) distinct notifications? Why have (2) separate notifications? Why not one email with the single and multi record versions setup accordingly? 

Chayce Duncan
      AidonOlligschla
      Qrew Cadet

Chayce,

I just tested it that way and it is the same situation.  I am going to reach out to support for their insight.

Thank you,

Aidon Olligschlager |
      Flight Operations Technical Support
      Pentastar Aviation
      Waterford MI
      aolligschlager@pentastaraviation.com | 248-202-9587