Forum Discussion

Raymond_MarlonT
Qrew Trainee
8 years ago

Email Reminder for a Specific Time and Date

I want a reminder email to be sent on a specific time and date based on a given field (Date Time to Follow-Up) to a specific user (To Email field) when 1st Touch Status field is Completed - Further Action (please see attachment 1).

I already set up a reminder (please see attachment 2). But it is not working and I'm not able to receive an email on the time specified.

Is there a way to do it? Please advise.

7 Replies

• Reminders are processed overnight and will be sent early on the morning.  They are not able to set set to a specific time of day.
  • A Notification is an email which gets sent instantly when a record is saved.  You get to qualify it's triggered based in which fields changed, and any conditions being met after the record is saved.

When setting it up, carefully initially choose if it is going to go to internal QuickBase users (Recipient Type) or external random email addresses (Open Type). Note also that if it going to be an Open Notification, then you can in fact enter one or more  [field name] in square brackets in the TO box.
  • I think reminders only work for internal email addresses.  In your note, you mention that it can be sent to external users?  Am I missing a way to do this?  Thanks!
  • Yes, I reminder is really more like a Subscription that only fires once.  So yes, Reminders only may fire to Internal Users.